The Kirkland Canine Festival & Dog Walk took place on July 23, 2011. ¬†KDOG raised money for the dog park at our “Fetch a Wave” Photo Booth. ¬†Big thanks to our volunteer photographers, Kimberly Gauthier and Lynn Anselmi. ¬†Kimberly is a past Go Dog, Go Sponsor and supporter of KDOG. ¬†She drove in from Marysville to take pictures of our happy dogs and their families. ¬†Check out her blog, where she enjoys sharing what she is learning about digital photography, http://www.kimberlygauthier.com/blog/. ¬†Lynn is a member of KDOG, and we are grateful for her help with photography all afternoon at the festival. ¬†She took over 30 fun photos…….that’s a lot of families in 3 hours.
If you had ¬†a photo taken at Go Dog, Go! and lost the information about how to retrieve it, email us at ¬†firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you to everyone who made a donation to the dog park for their photo.
Help KDOG get the message out about voting for Kirkland in PetSafe’s Bark for Your Park Contest Finals. ¬†Download and print flyers here,
Vote for Kirkland! ¬†Flyer
and a 2nd Flyer
Kirkland Dog Park Activists marched along at the 2011 Kirkland 4th of July Parade, celebrating Independence Day. ¬† Greyhounds Stella and Maylie represented KDOG with many other dog park enthusiasts, including Dooley’s Dog House. Adorned in a festive hat, and sandwiched between two “Bark for a Kirkland Dog Park” signs, Maylie was a trooper. ¬†Her owner, and KDOG Fundraising Committee Member, Wendy Koob said Maylie can’t wait for the dog park to open, and mentioned the parade was a lot of fun. ¬†KDOG Members enjoyed seeing all the smiles these dogs brought to the parade audience’s¬†faces. Big thanks to Dooley’s Dog House for the water, treats, and bandanas for all the dogs!
KDOG has been moving at greyhound speed the last several months with plans for Kirkland‚Äôs 1st Dog Park.¬† Committee members have dedicated themselves to fundraising and park planning.¬† Here are just a few of these tasks our dedicated volunteers have accomplished and ¬†goals they continue to work on:
- Applied for park grants¬† (Continuing to apply for others)
- Launched a fundraising campaign for individual and business sponsors, and added this to the KDOG website,¬†http://kdog.org/Donate.
- Secured ongoing park maintenance sponsorship
- Secured sponsorship of park fencing installation
- Developed a park logo, park rules, and other signage and tips for a fun, safe experience at the park
- Made plans for our 2 booths at Go Dog, Go!. Kirkland Canine Festival.¬† 1 booth is about Park Sponsorship and the other one is our ‚ÄúFetch a Wave Photo Booth‚ÄĚ fundraiser.¬† Most important is that we are volunteering at Go Dog, Go! and will raise funds towards the park based on volunteer hours donated.¬† More volunteers are still needed.¬† Email Amy at email@example.com to volunteer.
- Became semi-finalists in PetSafe‚Äôs ‚ÄúBark for Your Park‚ÄĚ Dog Park Contest.¬† Wrote a script, ¬†and filmed and edited a video for the contest showcasing Kirkland‚Äôs support for our 1st dog park.¬† We are very grateful to have had the City as our partner in this contest.¬† Their dedicated creative video team¬† made our vision for this video come to life. ¬†¬†Also, huge THANKS go to the stars of our video, Jennifer Stearns and her dog, Lucky.¬† ¬†Jennifer is a member of KDOG, and the owner of PupStrut,¬† www.pupstrut.net, a Kirkland dog-walking/petsitting business.¬† Her fianc√©, David Harris, composed the original music for the video.¬† We appreciate the video appearances by Mayor McBride and Park Director, Jennifer Schroder, along with community supporters.¬† The signs of support for the dog park donated by Bob Sternoff were also a terrific edition to video scenes.
- Securing donations for the Silent Auction for a Wine Tasting Fundraiser benefitting KDOG on August 11th at The Grape Choice (hosted by Dooley‚Äôs Dog House and The Grape Choice)
We still need more volunteers to join our Fundraising Committee to help with grant writing, and promoting¬† our park sponsorships through visits to businesses and sharing sponsorship information at events.¬† Contact Jean if you can lend a hand with this.¬† We also need help with securing donations for the upcoming Silent Auction and Wine Tasting benefitting KDOG and Pasados Safe Haven on August 11th.¬†¬† If you would like to donate an item or service ¬†contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.¬†¬†¬† The quickest way to help open our park is to become involved as a volunteer and a park sponsor.